Post-Baccalaureate Residency: How to Apply
Application Deadlines for Fall ’16 Semester
PNCA is currently accepting applications for Fall 2016.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete their application by March 31, 2016.
PNCA is on a rolling admissions cycle for all applicants and will continue to accept applications for review until the program is full. Merit scholarships for the Post-Baccalaureate Residency are still currently available.
Applications are reviewed only after ALL required materials have been submitted.
Applying to PNCA is a simple process!
Review the Post-Baccalaureate Residency Application Checklist below. This tells you what materials you need to apply.
Submit your Application materials and pay the PNCA Application Fee ($65) at the website PNCA.Slideroom.com. You’ll need to create an account at that website to upload your application. (Go to Slideroom)
Begin Your Application
- PNCA Post-Baccalaureate Residency Online Application Form at Slideroom.com
- Post-Baccalaureate Residency Application Fee ($65 US)
- Application Materials:
- Current Resume
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Please use this statement to address the focus of your work and the direction you wish to pursue in the Post-Baccalaureate Residency.
- Discuss your reasons for applying to PNCA’s Post-Baccalaureate Residency and the artistic goals you wish to achieve during your time in the program.
- Be specific as to your focus of research and how you see this evolving or changing during your time in the Post-Baccalaureate Residency.
- Describe the pathway you envision for yourself as part of the program.
- Discuss the issues, concerns and influences in your work.
- Your portfolio is an extremely important part of your application and the opportunity to present your best and most recent work. The portfolio review is used to assess the artistic potential of the student.
- Include 15 to 20 examples of your recent work.
- If you are including video/audio, no more than six minutes of moving image or sound.
- Submit the transcript from the institution that granted your undergraduate degree. This can be a scan of a paper transcript or a digital file downloaded from your degree-granting school. If admitted to PNCA, your official transcript in its original sealed envelope will need to be submitted to PNCA before starting classes.
- For international applicants with transcripts/records in a language other than English, PNCA requires them to be evaluated and translated to English by World Educational Services (WES). Information about WES is available at http://www.wes.org. Please note: International students are not eligible to apply to this program, unless they are permanent residents of the United States.
Ready to start? Good luck!
Please note: International students are not eligible to apply to this program, unless they are permanent residents of the United States.
If you need help with how to submit materials once you’re at the PNCA.Slideroom.com website, you can find an FAQ and searchable help.
Call or Email
MFA in Applied Craft and Design
MFA in Collaborative Design
MFA in Visual Studies
Low-residency MFA in Visual Studies
MA in Critical Theory and Creative Research
MFA in Print Media